When you are ready to find a customized solution for your unique body, health situation and lifestyle, we can provide a professional and discrete fitting. For more information visit About our fitters or Certifications pages.
What to expect at your fitting.
- About 6-8 weeks after breast surgery is the recommended time frame to get a fitting. However, should the patient have a more immediate need (i.e. Work, special occasion, vacation, etc.) they may be fitted as soon as 3-4 weeks post-surgery with a special post-op form.
- Our fittings are performed with respect to privacy and to your individual needs.
- We will first asses the condition at your surgery site to make sure there is no drainage or open wounds.
- We will determine your proper bra size by taking measurements. Getting this measurement is crucial in providing a natural fit and how well your prosthesis is tolerated. We offer a wide selection of pretty and feminine bras that offer the support you need to keep your prosthesis in an ideal position.
- Using the shape and drape of your current breast we will recommend a prosthesis that best fits those dimensions. We carry many shapes and sizes to offer you a prosthesis that is flattering to your body.
- You may try a few options, and we will work with you to find something that you are happy and comfortable with. Communication is key in finding your perfect solution.
- A yearly fitting is recommended as our bodies and breasts change due to hormones and weight fluctuations. These changes may result in needing a different prosthesis to maintain symmetry or comfort.
- We provide detailed instructions and education on using and caring for your prosthesis. We will also inform you of the manufacturer’s warranties and specific care instructions.